Sunday, April 29, 2012

May Workshop Samples

May is here already!  My Grandchildren were here for a visit in April and it is true... Children teach you something new every day :D  And I found out that I can still roller skate!  But my favorite part of roller skating was spending time with my granddaughter, Selah.   As I held her small hand I realized that this time was going to go by just as fast as my time with her father. I will never forget these times we will spend together.

Now on to the samples before I have to mop myself up off the floor!

For the May workshop I will demonstrate two card folds.  A waterfall card and a squash card. I had so much fun putting these together!  My imagination ran amuck.... but alas... I could not give rein to my "amuck" as I knew you were patiently waiting (ahem).  Without further adieu here is the waterfall card.  I used the Best of Everything stamp set, Whisper White, Night of Navy and Calypso Coral Card stock, Night of Navy and Calypso Coral ink; All from Stampin'UP! 



When you pull the ribbon-ed tab the stamped images cascade until they have all been viewed and then push up and they return to their original position.  It is quite clever! The possibilities for this style are endless! 

The next card is a squash card.  I have also seen this as a "squash book" which is also quite nice.  And the beauty of this is you can make it just about any size you want!  I have made a petite card with folded squares measuring 4 x 4. 





I used the stamp sets: Sweets for the Sweet, Send me Soaring and Party This Way; Brights designer series papers and the brights color palette.  Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight!  All from Stampin'UP! 

I hope you will join me on Saturday May 5th from 1 to 6 pm at Dennys in Fresno at Blackstone and Herndon!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great workshop samples!
hugs, m

Blog Archive